Thursday, January 24, 2013

Big Ups to Bayou Burnell Idol Musings


I know. He can’t win.[1] But as to Burnell Taylor’s future prospects, Ryan said, “We’ll be keeping a close eye on him in Hollywood.” Since they’ve already taped Hollywood; and they took time to do an inspiring backstory on him; and they saved his audition until the end, I have to assume that he’s going to do well in Hollywood and we may eventually get a chance to cast our votes for Burnell. If and when that time comes, I certainly will.[2]


A few others that weren’t as spectacular as Burnell but still worth mentioning are:



  • Megan Miller – the current Miss Baton Rouge who performed on crutches.

  • Maddie Assel – with all of the talented females this year, I don’t see her going far but Maddie interests me because she’s from nearby Centreville, VA.

  • Paul Jolley – not outstanding but he has that combination of decent voice, good looks and nice guy charm that seems to get people far on this show.

  • Dustin the Firefighter – see above.


There was also a fast-moving montage of several more talented females. While the Evil Genius Producers must certainly be happy with the success of the last two male winners, Scotty McCreery and Phillip Phillips, it does seem that they are putting a lot of focus on the girls this year.


That’s a wrap on tonight. Much like the show – I’m keeping it short, fast-paced and sweet. But that also let’s me drop in a note from Nigel. Expect to see visits from My Girl Jessica Sanchez, Colton Dixon and, of course, the reigning Idol, Phillip Phillips this year.


Next week is the last round of auditions. Then we go to Hollywood for the serious business of cutting 276 hopefuls down to 40.


P.S. I have to say that I loved the segment of the guy butchering My Boy Adam Lambert’s If I Had You.


_____________________________________



[1] I will save my annual rant about why until later.




[2] My Mom would have loved him.





Explore posts in the same categories: Auditions

Tags: Adam Lambert, Burnell Taylor


You can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.


Source:


http://idolmusings.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/big-ups-to-bayou-burnell/






The News from http://always-jessica.blogspot.com